Thursday 17th September
Another early wake up, in fact had stripped my bed, washed the sheets and had a shower by 630 am, left the villa by 725 as it was an early shift. Today I was DPA or photographers assistant while Jill and Geraldine were in the Castle of Miracles doing the children's stars and pillows. They were also joined today by Goofy and Pluto which actually helps as more families come visit. Their shift didn't finish until 1145 whilst mine was actually over by a little after 10. I say a little after 10 but I did take a little longer as I was in charge of taking down each villa number and not only writing that on a form but also the wish child's name and the number of photographs taken by Marilyn, today's photographer . This is all cross referenced as at the end of the vacation each family are given a disc with every photograph taken through stay...... yes I botched, only slightly and realised straight away but we then had to go through and cross check at the end. It was sorted!
I chatted to a young volunteer Alexandra and her Mum. It was her birthday today so we gave her a hug and she told me she was desperate to come visit UK , yes Allan I did of course offer and they have my email address.
As it was lashing down with rain I fetched the car from the car park and parked it right next to the volunteer office so it was there when the other two finished their shift. Off we went to Tarjai for a few essentials, mostly liquid , including milk! Still raining when we got home so were unable to relax by the pool, not good.
A most important point to mention here is that I spoke to Hanna and Evie on FaceTime, both, unfortunately we're feeling a little under the weather, bit of a cold brewing Hanna thinks. Tried Lucy too but seems she was off gallivanting tonight. Spoke with my Mum too.
I have to make a comment here of the wonderful outfits worn by my two villa mates , they both seem to be dressed like models,not only once a day but, indeed, twice a day. I questioned Jill over lunch as to how many clothes she had bought with her........... 20, yes, 20 t-shirts, length of their stay, just 10 days. These tops are of course colour coordinated with skirts and trousers, oh and shoes. Geraldine is almost as good ( can't say bad) , her outfit for Halloween would have been fine for the front cover of Vogue. Jill just came out of her bedroom, took one look at me and laughed, practically hysterical. Reason, I am wearing a beautiful green reindeer ears Alice band and Mickey Mouse Christmas decoration from one ear and Minnie Mouse from the other ear, what is so wrong with that?
Arrived back at the village in time for Christmas, went to the Safari Theatre for our training and requested that we could be Elves, Santa arrived at that point, looked me and said hello are you with me again tonight, of course, I said Santa I would love too and that, as they say, was that! The three of us donned our elf hats and bibs and got into position, then the children and their families arrived, 60 plus families I guess. Far fewer children tonight were frightened of Santa but those that were, Santa had a plan that fooled the child and meant the family got their photograph with Santa, he told the Mum and Dad to take the children out to choose their present while Jim, the photographer went to where the presents were kept and Santa snuck up, unbeknown to the child so that Jim could take the photo - a success in every case.
Now because of this, Santa obviously had to leave his place, and Geraldine thought he was nipping off to the loo all the time and said to me that it was a shame he had such a weak bladder. I told Santa this and he roared with laughter. He is an absolutely 1st class Santa with a wonderful rapport with the children and we told them at the volunteer services, we were offered a form to fill in, like a certificate which they would pass on to him. I filled it in with his name Santa, and his aka name of Tim. The quote from me waste love you Santa , love the Bladder Girls - hope he gets my sense of humour.
A young couple of men arrived, thought they could have only have been brother, but no, they were father and son and very dishy too, confirmed by Jill and myself.
A couple of very special moments for me tonight and two slightly disappointing ones - the bad first
1 An English guy from Nottingham showed no interest at all in anything about the village
2 Another guy from Yorkshire said it really would have been better if they had come for at least two weeks so he could have seen Florida
I was embarrassed that these two guys were not appreciating what was genourisly become provided for them
The good now, could write hundreds in fact but most special to me was a family who came through the curtain and Dad exclaiming in glee, not Santa but oh it's Lorna, our favourite volunteer! He hugged me too. How special was that, making me wash my eyeballs just writing that.
.
Tomorrow a lay in as decide to hit the malls instead of working until the evening
Well as the say in all the best films, time to hit my pillow. Goodnight. X
Another early wake up, in fact had stripped my bed, washed the sheets and had a shower by 630 am, left the villa by 725 as it was an early shift. Today I was DPA or photographers assistant while Jill and Geraldine were in the Castle of Miracles doing the children's stars and pillows. They were also joined today by Goofy and Pluto which actually helps as more families come visit. Their shift didn't finish until 1145 whilst mine was actually over by a little after 10. I say a little after 10 but I did take a little longer as I was in charge of taking down each villa number and not only writing that on a form but also the wish child's name and the number of photographs taken by Marilyn, today's photographer . This is all cross referenced as at the end of the vacation each family are given a disc with every photograph taken through stay...... yes I botched, only slightly and realised straight away but we then had to go through and cross check at the end. It was sorted!
I chatted to a young volunteer Alexandra and her Mum. It was her birthday today so we gave her a hug and she told me she was desperate to come visit UK , yes Allan I did of course offer and they have my email address.
As it was lashing down with rain I fetched the car from the car park and parked it right next to the volunteer office so it was there when the other two finished their shift. Off we went to Tarjai for a few essentials, mostly liquid , including milk! Still raining when we got home so were unable to relax by the pool, not good.
A most important point to mention here is that I spoke to Hanna and Evie on FaceTime, both, unfortunately we're feeling a little under the weather, bit of a cold brewing Hanna thinks. Tried Lucy too but seems she was off gallivanting tonight. Spoke with my Mum too.
I have to make a comment here of the wonderful outfits worn by my two villa mates , they both seem to be dressed like models,not only once a day but, indeed, twice a day. I questioned Jill over lunch as to how many clothes she had bought with her........... 20, yes, 20 t-shirts, length of their stay, just 10 days. These tops are of course colour coordinated with skirts and trousers, oh and shoes. Geraldine is almost as good ( can't say bad) , her outfit for Halloween would have been fine for the front cover of Vogue. Jill just came out of her bedroom, took one look at me and laughed, practically hysterical. Reason, I am wearing a beautiful green reindeer ears Alice band and Mickey Mouse Christmas decoration from one ear and Minnie Mouse from the other ear, what is so wrong with that?
Arrived back at the village in time for Christmas, went to the Safari Theatre for our training and requested that we could be Elves, Santa arrived at that point, looked me and said hello are you with me again tonight, of course, I said Santa I would love too and that, as they say, was that! The three of us donned our elf hats and bibs and got into position, then the children and their families arrived, 60 plus families I guess. Far fewer children tonight were frightened of Santa but those that were, Santa had a plan that fooled the child and meant the family got their photograph with Santa, he told the Mum and Dad to take the children out to choose their present while Jim, the photographer went to where the presents were kept and Santa snuck up, unbeknown to the child so that Jim could take the photo - a success in every case.
Now because of this, Santa obviously had to leave his place, and Geraldine thought he was nipping off to the loo all the time and said to me that it was a shame he had such a weak bladder. I told Santa this and he roared with laughter. He is an absolutely 1st class Santa with a wonderful rapport with the children and we told them at the volunteer services, we were offered a form to fill in, like a certificate which they would pass on to him. I filled it in with his name Santa, and his aka name of Tim. The quote from me waste love you Santa , love the Bladder Girls - hope he gets my sense of humour.
A young couple of men arrived, thought they could have only have been brother, but no, they were father and son and very dishy too, confirmed by Jill and myself.
A couple of very special moments for me tonight and two slightly disappointing ones - the bad first
1 An English guy from Nottingham showed no interest at all in anything about the village
2 Another guy from Yorkshire said it really would have been better if they had come for at least two weeks so he could have seen Florida
I was embarrassed that these two guys were not appreciating what was genourisly become provided for them
The good now, could write hundreds in fact but most special to me was a family who came through the curtain and Dad exclaiming in glee, not Santa but oh it's Lorna, our favourite volunteer! He hugged me too. How special was that, making me wash my eyeballs just writing that.
.
Tomorrow a lay in as decide to hit the malls instead of working until the evening
Well as the say in all the best films, time to hit my pillow. Goodnight. X
No comments:
Post a Comment