Sunday 6th September
Well we had already made the decision to take the day off today as neither of us had completely got into the time zone and as I said last night I was absolutely shattered when I went to bed. I did sleep until just before 6 am which was lovely.
Allan rang me from Costa where he was with Hanna, Lucy, Evie and Martha, he did it on Messanger so I could see them on the screen as well, Martha and Evie looked pleased to see me. Martha can now say a few more words.... Hanna and Evie but not yet Grandma, will have to work on that when I get home. Allan is packed and ready for his trip to Mongolia tomorrow, I do hope he has a great time and that we get the occasional chance to chat. He is going for a 4 day trek and then to spend some time with a Mongolian family and watch the annual Eagle Festival, I would have loved to have gone too apart from the fact that I am a bit too much of a 5 star girl for that. I need a flushing toilet, a comfy bed and hot running water for bathing. Good job we are compatible!!!
Debbie is very like me in many ways, today a couple of ladies she met in a bar in Iceland on one night only drove 31/2 hours from Jacksonsville, Florida to see us. We had a wonderful time and laughed so much from the word go. It all started with us trying to explain how taken she was with Tito, the lovely dwarf we met on Thursday. The story started with why she was so fascinated by him, goes back many years it seems when she was on holiday in the U.S., Lake George in New York State with her children who were then quite young, you know the age when children will blurt out embarrassing questions when they see something that for them is out of the norm. It seems that two dwarfs arrived driving a rather large car and rather than risk her children asking any awkward questions, such as why are they so little she tried to distract them by telling Frank, her lovely husband that there was a Big and Tall shop just over there. Now that made us laugh but when she actually demonstrated how these dwarfs walked that we absolutely dissolved into hysterical laughter....... you do really have to have seen it to believe it but imagine a dog walking on its bottom because it had worms or the action of a dog 'humping' a bitch, have you got the picture?
We made the decision to go to Celebration, Steve took us there last year and I thought it was such a pretty place that I suggested going there for a walk around and a spot of lunch. We got to Publix as there was a car park but we weren't sure we were in the right part so we went in and asked, the young man did indeed give us directions, however they were not completely accurate so pulled up outside one of the beautiful houses and the three of them knocked at the door while I waited in the car ready to snap a picture of them. The lady that opened the door had a heavy french accent and a not so heavy yappy dog and she very kindly pointed us in the right direction.
When we found somewhere to park we set off looking for the area I visited last year and stopped to look at a map of Celebration, a very helpful young man asked us if we needed any help and he gave us a recommendation for a place for lunch, thanks Tony it was brilliant. We did pop into Woof Gang, the shop for pampered pooches and Debbie bought her first gift to take home, don't get too excited Frank it's not for you!
Next stop was the restaurant Columbia, a Cuban restaurant, the food was excellent and we must have stayed in there for a good three plus hous chatting and laughing. At the table there was a leaflet saying that during September they donated 5% of the takings to charity and the customer had to decided which charity they wanted to donate too, I asked all if they were happy for me to put a tick by GKTW and they were.
We got back to the villa about 6 pm and after a few pictures Brenda and Wendy made their way home. Ladies it was great to meet you and I did so enjoy your company. Remember to come and see us in the UK .
Now watching BBC America, a James Bond film, Casino Royal.
Back to the normal routine in the village tomorrow, oh apart from something I forgot to mention , I had a call from Dan in the village, he is currently doing a Video about it and has asked me to be a voiceover as I can talk properly !!!!!! Watch this space.
Night
No comments:
Post a Comment