Monday, 21 September 2015

Monday 21st  September

Well a mixture of jobs for the three of us this morning - Jill was down to do the Breakfast Cart Delivery, Geraldine was down for Concierge and I was in the Ice Cream Parlour, we all had different finishing times too. Jill was a little nervous of finding the villas when the orders came through so I offered to do that instead and she did the Ice Cream Parlour  until 10.15 when I finished. The plan was then for the two to have a walk around the village taking what photographs they needed and to visit the memory shop to purchase a few items.

My Breakfast Cart shift  did not start off too well as when I arrived the lovely Hector decided to train me, he, from the train the other evening. Now the cart was not so much of a problem, one side had a huge pump flask of coffee, cartons of milk, and a choice of fruit juices, apple and orange. The other side had donuts, English muffins, bagels, cream cheese, jello, and fruit, that I could recognise and cope with. My problem was Hectors tuition of the Walkie Talkie which I was to need to receive the villa numbers who had requested food, he showed me the wrong button to press to receive and make the calls! I went back to the Towne Hall to request a new communication gadget but they had none so I decided to drive round in my golf type buggy to all the villas for the following 2 hours to see who might flag me down for their breakfast, that worked but then so did the Walkie Talkie, he had told me to press the wrong button!! I served quite a few villas and enjoyed my riding around waving at people and saying good morning to all. Suspect might get a few odd looks when I get home but here this is what you do, really think it should be compulsory everywhere as a smile and hello really makes people respond in the same way.... well maybe not Hector!

After clearing the cart of the remaining  food I went to the Ice Cream Parlour to take over from Jill for the remaining 11/2 hours of the shift, was pretty quiet today but I did chat to a couple of the guest families and Robert came over to say his farewells, probably will see him at some point at home with our roles with Make A Wish.

The decision had been made to return to Celebration for that meal we didn't get yesterday and to purchase a hat or two - Jill and I have hatched a plan to wow Stamford this Friday when we are back on Red Lion Square for our final Artisans on Friday of this year. Come see us, you know you want to.

This evening was Halloween, a fair few new families in the village tonight, all of whom had a great time. I was a Greeter and my artistic friends were busy making wands and using lots of glitter. I wonder if there is a word for glitter addicts, other than Jill and Geraldine?

Right I am off early again in the morning but lazy bones are taking the morning off. I am a little sad it is coming to an end again especially as there has been a lot of au revoirs today.

Night xx

No comments:

Post a Comment