Tuesday 1st September 2015
Well, I have done it, packed that is. Packing is one of my real pet hates and definitely not one of my strongest points. Some people might remember a previous description by Allan of the difference in our packing techniques!
Allan, composes a spreadsheet approximately 4 weeks in advance, he then lays out his items extremely neatly in separate piles in the spare room each item is ticked off his list and then it is packed beautifully into his kitbag.
Now I am a little different, I wait until almost the last minute and get out my suitcase a few hours before I am due to leave for my trip. I get everything out of my wardrobe and randomly place items in my suitcase, then weigh it........ it is a little on the heavy side so I again randomly remove some items and place them with loving care back into the wardrobe, re pack until the correct weight is achieved........ now if I have forgotten anything I know that I can go shopping in Walmarts or Tarjee!!
An early start in the morning, 4.15 am is when we intend to leave to beat the M25 traffic so I am intending to have an early night.
Thank you to everyone who has sent their best wishes today. I know how lucky I am that I am able to go to Florida to do this, I love that I can do it and know I will enjoy every moment.
No Jane this year as she is off sailing but am looking forward to sharing the adventure with Debbie, Jill and Geraldine.
No comments:
Post a Comment