Monday 14th September
A little bit restless last night, not sure why though. Tested my blood sugar at about 3 am and it was low so had a glucose injection and glanced at my iPad to see Hanna had posted a picture of an ambulance outside her house, panicked a little but fortunately all had been sorted, poor Mark was in pain and Hanna had called 111 for advice, it was them that sent the ambulance as wanted to check out he hadn't had a heart attack. It wasn't thank goodness but he has to have some tests to find out the cause and what treatment to have. Needless to say I felt hopeless here but they managed. Even though Evie had to go in the car to Peterborough to pick Daddy up.
This morning I went off to the village alone as thought that Jill and Geraldine might like a lay in after their long day travelling yesterday. My shift today was in the Cafe Clayton and I was on hot food, I was welcomed today unlike last week and the two of us worked well together. Again the strange food combinations were enjoyed by all. A funny thing happened towards the end of service as a family came in dressed as Spider-Man and Batman including the parents ..... the Dad was the guy who still thinks I am an actress from a film so when I saw him I made him laugh by saying, hey, I know you, you were in that Batman movie!
I returned to the villa to collect the two ladies and drove them to the village to register and to give them a guided tour, plus to deliver the cushion covers they had made for the Castle of Miracles, they were delighted with them. Bumped into the family from Nuneaton who were returning today, my goodness he had had a great time. He taught me a biological fact that I had never before realised, seems his wife got pregnant because she gave up smoking, he was quite adamant about it too, she is also having a little girl after trying for 3 years .... all down the to lack of smoking.
We went off to Walmarts to collect more food, our fridge is overflowing. Had a lovely chicken salad today, even had fruit and ice cream for dessert.
Tonight's shift was Halloween and we went dressed up for the event, Jill and Geraldine as cats wearing the cats ears I had bought with me and mine and Debbie's tails. Geraldine. I have to say looked like she had just stepped out of Harrods. Made my Snow White look rather inferior. At the end of the evening my Snow White looked even more inferior as the back seam had frayed and there was quite a long slit down the back. Good job I had a slip on too otherwise my modesty would have been on show for all to see..
Jobs tonight for J & G was mask making and they were brilliant. Very artistic and the children made some great masks. I know my limitations so was assigned the job of 'Greeter" I did greet and gave out bags for the children to collect their candy in but I confess to spending a lot of time chatting to the families. One Mum shed a few years as she told how special the time there was as she felt like a real family again, all of her three boys having a great time.
This is such a magical place!
No comments:
Post a Comment