Thursday, 27 August 2015

27th August:

Well this year I am returning to Give Kids the World a little earlier than in previous years......... Allan's fault! Well not that I can really blame him to be fair. Allan is off to Mongolia to experience the annual Eagle Festival, yes that is the clue, annual, so September is the time it all happens so I have arranged my visit accordingly.

September in Florida is hot and sticky it seems, but at least, unlike Allan, I will have a pool to cool off in and a flushing toilet!

For those of you that read last years blog, I have changed my accommodation to a different villa, hopefully this one will not have a mystery passport trickster. Perhaps I should publish where I am hiding it this year just in case?

We don't go until the 2nd  September, we being Debbie and myself , taking along a few new Angels this year too. Debbie and I met on a cruise in 2008, crossing the Panama Canal in fact, three couples formed a very successful group of quizzers, a group that was probably not liked too much as we kept on winning - I have to admit to only being the scribe but nevertheless we kept winning. We all kept in contact, mostly by Facebook and Debbie followed the blog of my time at GKTW and wanted to join me too this year. By her own admission she is apprehensive but I know she will have a fantastic time as will I. Last year I met another Angel volunteer, Ann who comes from Pennsylvania  and she is coming to stay for a week too. Surprising really as I volunteered her for the Chicken in Your Pants job, she does have a great sense of humour and has forgiven me!

Other new Angels will be coming too after Debbie returns to the UK, Jill and her sister Geraldine. Jill
is one of the wonderful Artisans that join us in Stamford every week and has also decided she would like to come for my second 10 days with Geraldine. They are both very talented seamstresses and have already started making pillowcases for the village. Each child that visits the village gets a Wish Pillow when they visit the Castle of Miracles so lots of pillowcases are needed, so thank you both for helping there too.

Well have a busy few days before I go so will finish for tonight. More later.


No comments:

Post a Comment